Saturday, January 31, 2015

DIY/Tutorial: Toilet Paper Roll Recycle for Craft Storage




I wanted more surface space on my polymer clay desk so I decided to put the tools that were in a broken coffee mug up on the wall in front of me. I think the solution I came up with turned out super cute and thought this would make a good blog post. So I made two more and took some step by step shots.

 This is what I used to make it....


  1. Toilet Paper Roll
  2. Scrap Cardboard
  3. Thumb Tacks
  4. Craft Knife
  5. Scissors
  6. Hot Glue Gun
  7. Decorative Paper (I used 3 sheets from the K&C Company "Sweet Nectar" Adhesive Mat Pad so I didn't need to use glue)


1)
I drew two lines about 1" apart on the tube then used the craft knife to score those lines- don't cut through. I use the score lines to kind of flatten the part that will go against the wall


2) I used some scrap cardboard to make the bottom. I traced the shape and cut outside the line to make sure it was big enough to cover the base. I used the hot glue to attach it and trimmed the extra with the scissors.



3) I covered the tube with the adhesive paper and then stuck two thumb tacks through the back so I could mount it on the wall.









Super quick and easy right? 



I did something similar with coffee containers for one of my other craft tables.

No comments:

Post a Comment